Welcome to NEHHPA’s new home on the internet, NEHHPA.com! This site has been long in the making, having been conceptualized many years back by dedicated residents and now finally brought to completion from within!
This was an ambitious project. Our goal was not only to create a web portal that would be useful to our residents and display our neighborhood in the light it was meant to be seen. The objective was to fashion a world-class website that could serve as a model for historic districts across the country. With continued input and support from our residents we can undoubtedly achieve those dreams.
We of course invite you to browse the site at your leisure, but would like to point out some of the features that already exist:
- A new kind of web portal which will serve as the most up to date source for neighborhood news, events, and other information.
- An interactive web experience where users can create accounts and engage in meaningful dialogues on a vast number of topics via our discussion forum.
- A functional and aesthetic visual medium that truly showcases the striking beauty of our community.
- A multi-platform site that can be easily viewed on a wide range of devices.
- An almost infinitely-expandable database to house photos, research, and archival material relevant to our residents.
What we’re looking to do in time:
- Grow NEHHPA into an even stronger organization that can contribute to the community in a meaningful and tangible way.
- Enlist the talents of neighborhood photographers and writers to contribute visual and written material to this site.
- Create a complete inventory of homes under the gallery section, with each house featured on its own dedicated page that may include photos and research.
- Continue to add relevant and current information to ensure this is the most up-to-date resource for residents.
- Foster an even greater sense of community among residents through increased discussion, contact, and education.
- Encourage the preservation efforts of our neighbors and ensure the City, Shipyard, Railroad, and other organizations continue to take the needs and goals of this district seriously.
If you would like to contribute to the effort or have any constructive comments or suggestions, please email our webmaster at [email protected].
It has been a pleasure working on this site development project. It has been a long time in the coming and the vision for it certainly predated my involvement. I hope it serves its purpose and contributes to the betterment of the neighborhood for many years to come.
Bradley R. Hubbard